The benefits of competitive sport to a child's development are well documented.
Any parent knows that young children are filled with energy, eager to run, jump and play. Transferring that natural energy to competitive sports can help keep kids active and healthy as they grow, and other distractions increase that may lead to a more sedentary lifestyle. Participating in competitive sports teaches children and teenagers how to compete in the real world. As they grow older they'll face competition in school, in the workforce and other areas of life. This helps kids understand how competition works in a friendly environment, and that if you try your hardest, you have a better chance to succeed.
Here at Tenerife Tennis Academy, we take pride in ensuring our kids GROW, here are just some of the other values we teach through competition...
- Competition builds self-esteem.
- Competition drives us to learn at a faster rate and perform at a higher level
- Competition teaches us to bring our best effort.
- Competition teaches us to manage our nerves.
- Competition teaches us to take and manage risks.
- Competition teaches us to cope when things do not go our way.
- Competition helps us with goal setting.
- Competition teaches us to play by rules.
- Competition helps us to learn to win and lose with grace.
- Competition teaches commitment and dedication.
- Competition gives us another community.
- Competition presents opportunities to travel and make new friends.
- Competition encourages us to self-develop.
- Competition causes kids to perform better in school.
- Competition is Fun and Healthy.
Along with all of these fantastic life skills, our players are learning to play tennis at a high level, and what kid doesn't want to bring a trophy home to display. With a carefully selected dedicated team of tennis professionals, we create a personal best environment and keep our players challenged and engaged every day.